Pages

Monday 12 February 2001

Presentation script

Slide 1
The product I am advertising is the music track DR-P Last ones standing (remix)

Slide 2 – Marketing plan
Identify product
The product is a Dubstep music track by the artist 'Doctor p' named 'last ones standing'. The track is a remix of the original track by example. The remix was made and uploaded to UKF's official Youtube channel on the 30th of July 2010

Describe aims of a new campaign
The aim of my campaign is to promote my product ready to be Re-Released to the UK to generate a profit and make a place in the charts this Christmas. I will advertise my product via the Internet, on television, In Mac Donalds, around nightclubs, big towns, cities and magazines. The feature article will be on websites such as GetDarker.com, ukfmusic.com and on their official Facebook

Review current situation
Dubstep is a club music played at most nightclubs around the world. it has recently become a very popular genre of music for teens and young adults who enjoy clubbing. Big artists such as Chase and Status, Modestep, Flux Pavilon and Nero play Dubstep music in many popular clubs over the UK Regularly. There are also HUGE clubbing events under the Dubstep genre regularly, for example 'UKF Bass Culture' on the 25th of November at Alexandra Palace in London. A huge venue where tickets sold out very quickly. Currently in the BBC dance album chart Nero has 3rd place with his album welcome reality, chase and status are 4th with an incredible 36 weeks in the chart and UKF's Dubstep complation is 32nd in the chart after another 36 weeks. This shows that Dubstep music definitely has a place in the official UK chart and my product is more than likely to top the charts

Identify target audience
The main target audience for this product is 16 to 24 year old young adults. This is because Dubstep is a type of nightclub music and most people who go out clubbing are between 16 and 24 due to under 18 nights and typical 18+ nightclubs. The target audience for this product are likely to go to nightclubs and music festivals of the same genre, they are also likely to watch an 18 or 15 age rated movie, eat from MC Donalds and visit the Get Darker and UKF website, also official Facebook pages. These would be the best places to advertise the product by putting up posters in all these places and a feature article on the GetDarker website.


Identify potential market (local, National, Global)
The potential market is worldwide as the track will be available as MP3 download online. Other Dubstep artists have toured world wide for example chase and status have been to countries such as spain and germany but mainly over the UK which means that the Genre itself has allredy been promoted worldwide.
Having a world wide market for my product would be great as it could achieve great success.

Describe advertisements and promotions
Dubstep is advertised outside most Dubstep playing nightclubs, also all over social networking sites such as Facebook's UKF or Get Darker site. Dubstep is a hugely growing underground genre, the main way Dubstep is promoted is by the DJ's who regularly play Dubstep in clubs. For example people who went to Creamfields this year went their to see top dance acts such as Calvin Harris and David Guetta and likely heard a few Dubstep tracks introducing them to the genre, I was introduced to the Dubstep genre by going to the nightclub Oynx and Blu in Shrewsbury where Dubstep was played in one of the Arenas all night. I have also seen DJ's like Chase and Status and Nero live when they weren't so famous which shows that they became famous by playing in nightclubs over the UK then releasing an album.
To advertise my product I will create A Poster and A Feature Article using Adobe Photoshop and some Merchandise online.

Gives schedule
I will be releasing my poster on the 1st of December. The track will be re-released a week after advertisement hoping to make a place in the Christmas charts. After the track is re-released which is on the 8th of December, the feature article will be posted onto GetDarker.com after a few days of sales, finally, on the 15th of December all of the merchandise I have created will be ready to go on sale.
I will use ways to sample audience or consumer feedback. I will pass out a questionnaire after I present my product to the class asking for feedback from my presentation and the way I am advertising the product.
I will also use the IABUK (Internet Advertising Bureau UK) as a trade association for online advertising. The IABUK will identify the best role for online marketing of the product, helping me engage their customers and build their brands.


Slide 3 – Poster
This is a poster I created in Photoshop as an example of Direct Advertising.
This is the poster I created advertising the track. I used photo shop to create this poster and stuck to similar artistic styles from the original track single such as the white over black text and the black and white color pallet as a whole.
I added a Doctor P stylish logo with a barcode to add emphasis on Doctor P’s name and look stylish.
I also added two images, one of a riot in London also one picture taken from the last ones standing music video.


Slide 4 - Article
This is an example of indirect advertising
This article is to be posted on the GetDarker.com online magazine. It includes the same image taken from the music video I made as the poster does. I edited the picture to fade out in the top left corner.
The article promotes Doctor P’s new song and gives the reader brief Information about the artist

Slide 5 – Merchandise
These items of merchandise will be sold online. I created them using the vistaprint and cafepress websites adding a stylish font to the t-shirts, and logos on a polo shirt, cap and mug.

Prices Listed Below
  Black Men’s T-Shirt, all sizes available, £15
•White Woman’s long sleeve T-Shirt, all sizes available, £15
•Baseball cap, £7.50
•Mug, £5
•Men’s polo shirt, all sizes available, £25

Slide 6 – actual product
Here is the mp3 of the track I have been promoting. Does anyone have any questions

No comments:

Post a Comment